Svipul

Home Forums PVP Ship Fittings Svipul

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rifter
    Participant

I’ve been toying with the idea of taking a Svipul out into null during slow times. So far I have just flown frigs in (intentional) pvp. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on what I can realistically engage and possibly win with a Svipul? Cruisers? Ratting fit battle cruisers? Ratter BS’s? Carriers? How big of an industrial can I expect to take down?

I realize that every fight is different, just curious what to expect. So far every T3 destroyer I have seen is hunting frigs.. Kinda boring in my mind, but I don’t know what to realistically expect to fight and have a chance of beating.

Does anyone have any advice for a solo roaming Svipul? Is it a bad idea?

Ps. Abbadon, whenever I go to the solo pvp section of the forums, it logs me out. Might be my iPads fault, but thought I would mention it to you. That is why I posted here instead.

Abbadon21
    Keymaster

That’s weird it logs you out, I will look into it and see if anything is different about that forum. Thank you for telling me.

The Svipul is certainly capable of big game hunting. However if you plan to go after large targets you give up some of your Frigate Fighting ability.

The Svipul has a bonus for a probe launcher so one very possible way to use it would be to go into deep null and hunt people in sites.

This fit for example could tank most ratting ships:

[Svipul, 10mn Deep Null Hunter]
    Damage Control II
    Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II

10MN Afterburner II
    Gistii A-Type Small Shield Booster
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Warp Scrambler II

Expanded Probe Launcher I, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
    150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
    Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Small Core Defense Operational Solidifier II
    Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
    Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

You could probably get by with a cheaper shield booster if needed.

The Svipul is certainly capable of dropping cruisers and bigger but it’s very much a case by case deal. You need to know your ship and know the enemies. However a 10mn AB will allow you to escape 90% of the time should it go poorly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.