Hull tank Brutix

Home Forums Solo PVP Forum Hull tank Brutix

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Temijin
    Participant

What type of targets should the hull tanked brutix avoid – Battleships, Kiting cruisers, etc?

Abbadon21
    Keymaster

The big thing to avoid now is HICs. They turn off your MJD and MWD, making it very difficult to crash the gate and escape a camp.

Kites are less a problem because you can always Align and then MJD to escape the fight.

Battleships, and more than just one other Battlecruiser should be avoided.

When flying the Brutix I like to focus on Frigates, Destroyers (especially T3 Destroyers and Sabres/interdictors), and cruisers that you can get tackle on.

Temijin
    Participant

Had a fight with a svipul and proteus on a gate in null. Was grinding down the svipul but the proteus showed up to help his bud and pounded me pretty hard. He got me before I could pop the svipul. Svipul killed my drones and I didn’t have an ew drones in that build to escape with but I do now.

Do you think the added cost of the t2 rigs are worth it. Huge increase in cost of build. Would take me from a 40 mil or so isk cost to 70 mill isk cost per loss. I’ve built twenty brutix with max hull tank build. Just balking at the t2 rig cost ATM.

Brutix becoming my prefer ship for pvp. The cost/power ration is really good. The build is simple for me to fight. The hp buys me time to think ahead. T1 Frig fights are just so fast I get flustered as I don’t have time to recover from a mistake.

I keep seeing brutix videos of frig and into blobs getting in web/scram range. Damn, where are those guys! I get blobbed by smart people. Lol!

My kill ratio sucks badly but I’m learning….

Temijin
    Participant

Another though….what about replacing the mwd with a t2 ab? About 2/3rds max speed of the mwd and a much fast warp out with cycle warp. Also 25% more cap. Plus…HICs don’t effect an AB.

Thoughts?

Abbadon21
    Keymaster

That’s exactly why I love the Brutix for PVP, it gives you time and the Hull Tank takes a lot of the micro management away so you can focus on the actual fight and not running your tank perfectly.

I don’t think the cost of T2 rigs is worth it on the T1 Brutix. If you want more ship for more ISK you are better getting a Brutix Navy Issue I think (I didn’t look at the numbers).

HICs are a big problem right now and I’m not sure how to best deal with them when in a BC. I hope they get nerfed but hopes don’t change anything.

I have seen some people put 100mn ABs on BC as a counter to HICs but the PG needed is sure to mess up the fit. The 10mn is a little under powered and since most HICs have webs that means you will only move at 40% your AB speed toward the gate. That’s less than 300m/s overloaded.

I haven’t tried it myself so I can’t say for sure, but I would stick with a MWD I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.