Reply To: Orbiting

Home Forums Solo PVP Forum Orbiting Reply To: Orbiting

Abbadon21
Keymaster

Where did you see a guide for the kestrel at? Sorry, I’ve made so many that I forget making that one.

If you start from 0m and hit Orbit 6km your ship will first shoot straight out away from what you are orbiting, then turn into an orbit. This means you will likely briefly go outside your scram range.

If you start around 6km you should maintain it much better. However the centrifugal forces will still push you out further that you set it.

If FW you correct this by moving off the warp in spot by about 5-7km so the fight starts there. On bubbles you would do the same.

If you still have trouble scram kiting and keeping point you can reduce the orbit setting or increase your agility with a module or implant.

You say Scram Range of 7km, I would upgrade your Scram to a Faint Epsilon or if possible a T2 Scram.

Hope that helps.

In the fight we had your best bet was to stay out at around 20km if you were pointing me and further if you had a long point inty. However I have a MJD so I can escape at any time in the Myrmidon. The most important thing for you in the Caracal would have been to maintain your ability to disengage by avoiding getting scrammed and webbed.

That said, it was a bubble and you weren’t camping, you just rushed in, so these things happen. But next time bounce off a Gate Tactical first.

And not that I want to encourage it, but the best counter to Repping BC with a MJD is a HIC with a focused point. That’s what’s killed me the most in the Myrm.